Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blade Runner Blues painting, version 1.0

After months of imagining myself making a painting for one of my favorite movies of all time, I finally grabbed a 2 x 4ft canvas that I had prepared with shades of blues about a year ago and dropped these cartoony caricatures on it. A local event, Cinema Tekka needed some art, so I cranked this out in about a day's time. This is actually a picture of it before completion. You can still see the pencil marks all across it. 


The major changes being Joanna Cassidy's Zhora character, in which case lightening her eyes did wonders to her. And I added a "spinner", the flying police car from the film over Deckard's head. 


I'll be posting a better picture of the finished thing hopefully later today. I had to rush it to the venue where it was displayed and getting a good picture of it was difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment